You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Complete/Solved Help with method of doing homework. Tue 12 Jan 2010, 3:37 pm

Wolfy

Wolfy
Achieved 5,000 Post
First topic message reminder :

Not with a specific homework problem but with homework in general. (Skip this stuff and go to the bottom for my real question)

So, our teachers all of a sudden gave us twice the homework- right from the start of this week. Or Language teacher gave us two packets and a few spelling papers. In the packets we had to underline, margin note, answer the multiple choice, verify, do the plan for the response, and doing the response! (but it wasn't due until wednesday) The Spelling papers were also double sided! We got two math papers too, and today we got the back of the two worksheets. Today we also got a Social Studies Packet, with 8 pages! Due on Thursday!

My question:
What is an effective and fast way to finish my homework on time and do it good?

Last edited by Wolfy on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

26Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Tue 23 Feb 2010, 4:40 pm

Wolfy

Wolfy
Achieved 5,000 Post
Wow... I never saw these replies..

Well today when I got home I worked on my homework, got my math worksheet done, my spelling homework done, and I finished a packet and OR. Eh, fair amount of homework... But I did it.

I find that a break in between, like Mr. John said, helps a lot.

I guess we should leave this topic open, incase other people need help with homework..

Thanks everyone!

27Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Sun 07 Mar 2010, 3:15 pm

iKinky

iKinky
Official Member
The best way (for me) to get my homework done fast, and with good quality, is stay after school. Ask your teachers to set up a date (before or after school) to come in and have a nice place to do work. Also, try going to your principle and giving him this ide.
"After School Study Halls" Its effienct if you do them on tuesdays and thrusday, and have one teacher from each core class there making sure your doing everything you are supposed to.
Core Classes are:
Math
English
History/Government/etc.
Science.

I find this helpful because if you get stuck you can have one of the people working the study hall come over to help you out.
Of coarse this would be optional, but it was implemented in my school and theres around 20-30 kids of tuesday and thursday that show up.

Ikinky

28Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Sun 07 Mar 2010, 5:23 pm

Wolfy

Wolfy
Achieved 5,000 Post
Really? That's cool, although at my school they don't normally do that, unless you really need help with a subject.

29Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Mon 08 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

Rok

Rok
Official Member
Question wrote:My question:
What is an effective and fast way to finish my homework on time and do it good?
The most effective and fast way to finish your homework on time is to force in some time during your regular schedule to finish it. For instance, if you know that you are going to be somewhere tonight, and in response, you cannot work on your homework, then what you do is try to work on your homework whenever you get an immediate chance. If you just got through with you 1st period/block class and the teacher gave you homework for the night, then hurry up and work on some of the homework before your 2nd period/block class begins. Sometimes' it would only take you just a few seconds to only finish one problem; so, approximate each problem to take at most a minute, and you have 20 problems... well, that's just 20 minutes of time that you have to finish up your homework. You can finish it up on the bus-ride/car-ride back home, in between classes, and at home.

30Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Mon 08 Mar 2010, 6:08 pm

Wolfy

Wolfy
Achieved 5,000 Post
Wow... Okay, I would try that, but our teachers are really strict and if they see you doing homework in school they give you another worksheet... Plus, I always have time to do it at home, but it just takes a long time.

But thanks for the tip, if I do get a chance to do that I will!

31Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Mon 08 Mar 2010, 6:16 pm

Rok

Rok
Official Member
It's no problem, bud. Happy
If it's against your teachers' rules to do homework at school, then I suppose you shouldn't do it at school, haha. The best way to finish it would be on the bus-ride/car-ride home from school and/or at home. Wink

32Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Mon 08 Mar 2010, 7:41 pm

agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
Official Member
Experimenting will work. Try different methods. Be sure to remove all distractions: TV, people, etc. Eat a snack!

33Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Wed 10 Mar 2010, 7:12 am

Wolfy

Wolfy
Achieved 5,000 Post
Okay Rok, maybe if I can I will! That would help a lot!

Hmm, okay, I will experiment when I have the chance!

Today is a half day(literally, we get out at 11:00) so I can finish my homework and (hopefully) finish my project..

34Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Wed 10 Mar 2010, 8:53 pm

EvanP

EvanP
Official Member
Here is a good way... Sit down with all your homework, turn anything that could/will distract you off, and do all your homework and don't move your a** until it's finished. Happy

35Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Mon 15 Mar 2010, 11:43 pm

Team Cody

Team Cody
Owner & Administrator
Owner & Administrator
Looks like you've gotten loads of advise. haha

36Complete/Solved Re: Help with method of doing homework. Tue 16 Mar 2010, 8:08 am

Wolfy

Wolfy
Achieved 5,000 Post
Yeah, everyone's helping me!

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com