You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Urgent IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Wed 02 Dec 2009, 5:21 pm

powdersnow

PM Disabled
This may becoming a problem and I feel that now is the time to tell everyone about this.

There are certain users who are trying to cause havoc in this forum. Not by swearing, not by insulting you, not even by cheating. Instead, there are certain people out there who just love stealing accounts. This isn't anything new as many of you may know but people are being more creative, kinda, with this and us staff are simply trying to look out for all of you because that's what we do.

Of course all of you should know that giving your password out to people is just dumb. You wouldn't give the PIN number to your debit card to someone so why give away your password, right? OK, so now certain users are asking for your email. With this, they can somehow steal your account. If a random user comes to you and says, "Can I have your email? I want to add you as a buddy," then please be careful. I won't get into any specifics as to HOW they are stealing your accounts in this game, but know that it's possible and they WILL do it. Not only will they steal your CFS account either, but they WILL hack into your email. Please everyone, look out for people who approach you in this manner. If you don't know them, don't talk to them. They may not word it like I did, but it surely will be something similar.

Another thing a hacker may ask are random questions such as "Who is your favorite idol in the forum? What school did you go to as a child? What is your favorite movie?" Random questions such as the ones I just stated by random people are also something you should watch out for. We all have security questions for our email accounts and giving someone the answer to that security question could result in your account being hacked. Look everyone, having your account hacked isn't fun. Try to prevent that by creating difficult passwords and by not speaking to people you don't know.

-The Staff at CFS.

Team Cody

Team Cody
Owner & Administrator
Owner & Administrator
==> Moved to Club Fair share Stuff
==> Marked as Announcement

Eduardo

Eduardo
Hungry for Post
Wow, that gave me a scare, I thought our accounts got hacked, but then I read it. I'll be aware of anyone in this forum who tries doing that.

Amber

Amber
Achieved 100 Post
yeah, Just wondering, has anything happened like that recently.....?

powdersnow

PM Disabled
powdersnow wrote:This may becoming a problem

It may...

Eduardo

Eduardo
Hungry for Post
That happened to me in real life with my brother!

powdersnow

PM Disabled
How? Your brother?

Eduardo

Eduardo
Hungry for Post
He asked my sister what was your first dog's name, but she didn't fault for this trick!

Ryan

Ryan
Achieved 100 Post
They ask you for your e-Mail, find stuff out about you, then they guess your e-Mail then if you have auto notifications then they can click on the link and sometimes with sites they automatically log you in.

Or with stuff like CFS, the "i forgot my password" [censored] only makes it where you type in e-Mail and username. simple and dumb.

10Urgent Re: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Thu 24 Dec 2009, 12:23 am

Eduardo

Eduardo
Hungry for Post
==>Warning Given to RyanJoseph for swearing

Ryan

Ryan
Achieved 100 Post
how in god's name is that swearing?

12Urgent Re: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Sun 27 Dec 2009, 10:21 am

Eduardo

Eduardo
Hungry for Post
Didn't you say what the fu*** only abbreviated?

Ryan

Ryan
Achieved 100 Post
no i said c****

Eduardo

Eduardo
Hungry for Post
==>Warning Given to Ryan for Swearing

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum